Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Humberto Massa Guimarães <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:

> Free Software is about the licensors (copyright owners) relinquishing some
> of their rights to assure the rights of the "commons".

Without the licensors, there is no commons. Without an ability to
enforce licenses, the concept of copyleft becomes pointless. In order to
maintain the freedoms that copyleft-style licenses offer us, the
licensor needs to be able to engage in lawsuits.

>> The legal system discriminates in favour of rich people. That's true
>> regardless of license conditions.
>
> That's exactly why we (should) discriminate in favour of poor people.

And, hence, discriminate against rich ones?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org