Re: LGPL module linked with a GPL lib

On 7/28/05, Francesco Poli <frx@winstonsmith.info> wrote:
> What do you mean "freely available"?
> Should I request a copy, which license would you send it under?

None whatsoever.  :-)  Just like sending you a paper copy in the mail,
with no obligation of confidentiality as such; the copy is yours, feel
free to read it, use ideas and facts from it, quote from it under
"fair use" standards, or do anything else you're permitted to by
statute and convention.  Feel free also to use your statutory right to
pass it to another person (not retaining a copy), or request
permission (which I will actually be happy to give you in advance) to
make a few copies for friends, business associates, whatever.  But
don't represent it as your own work, don't "publish" it in a way that
would obstruct its publication in a journal (more or less, a way that
would have affected its copyright status under pre-1976 law), and
don't claim that I authorized you to represent me for any commercial
purpose or to quote me as an authority in any legal sense.

Cheers,
- Michael