Re: MP3 decoder packaged with XMMS

Hi Florian,

> There are more recent cases which have also been enforced against
> embedded devices containing MP3 decoders.

I couldn't find anything with a quick search on Google - any keywords
I should try?

> To make things even more
> bizarre, these patents are not part of the MP3 patent license pool.

I'd guess that portable music players, being big business at the
moment, are probably attracting all kinds of patent claims, including
MP3-related claims from parties other than Fraunhofer/Thomson. As
MPEG standards are created by a consortium, there are probably a
broad range of patented techniques involved.

Cheers

Daniel