Creating a Debtags 'license' facet

Hello,

in the Debtags development mailing list, we are discussing about the
creation of a set of categories (which we call 'facet') about licenses,
and we would like to include debian-legal in the discussion.

The idea is to allow people to query packages such as "LGPL libraries to
edit images".  We can do "libraries to edit images" already, but we
don't yet have categories for licenses.

There has been a bit of discussion in the list already that you probably
want to read:

   http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2005-June/000406.html

More informations about Debtags and its way of classifying software can
be found in the paper I submitted for Debconf5:

   http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/paper-debtags.html

We'd be glad if you had comments to contribute to our discussion.

Ciao,

Enrico

Please debtags-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org cc-ed when replying.
--