Question about freeness of XyMTeX license

Hi debian-legal,

I have ITP'ed xymtex ( http://bugs.debian.org/304714 ).  This collection
of LaTeX macros has the following license:

%% Copying of this file is authorized only if either
%%
%%  (1) you make absolutely no changes to your copy, including name and
%%      directory name
%%  (2) if you do make changes,
%%      (a) you name it something other than the names included in the
%%          ``chemist'' directory and
%%      (b) you acknowledge the original name.
%%  This restriction ensures that all standard styles are identical.
%%
%% =======================================
%%
%% This file is a modification of latex.tex (LaTeX2.09) and of latex.ltx
%% (a LaTeX2e), the reused parts of which is subject to
%% Copyright 1994 the LaTeX3 project and the individual authors (For further
%% copyright information see the file legal.txt of the LaTeX2e standard
%% distribution, and any other copyright indicated in this file.)

[end license]

Assuming that by "copying", upstream really means "public
redistribution" (something which I have already emailed him to clarify),
is this acceptable for main?  Can "Public redistribution is authorized
if..." be considered a grant of permission?  If so, my understanding is
that the restrictions in option (2) are permissible under the DFSG's
"Integrity of the author's source code", correct?

Thanks,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544