Re: Linux and GPLv2#

In message <[🔎] 20050328184352.GH1370@zewt.org>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> writes
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 01:30:16PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
Andrew seems to avoid Red Herring arguments more than I.

I asked for the rationale behind his calling fair use a "perversion",
and he refused to supply one.  It's that simple.  (The only reason
I can find is that he had no reason; he just attacks things--people
and laws alike--out of sheer habit, not for any particular reason.)

I thought he gave a simple answer - if he tried (or I tried) to claim "fair use" in court, the judge would simply reply "what's that?" and then convict us of copyright "theft".

Cheers,
Wol
as Lies-to-People.