Re: Linux and GPLv2

Raul Miller wrote:

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:25:39AM -0300, Humberto Massa wrote:
Troll editing. My claim was: "*Basically*, bits in .h files are not copyrightable". Which I now solemnly amend to "The kind of bits you normally (>99% of the times) find in .h files in c-language based projects, and often (>50% of the times) find in .h files in c++ based projects, are those defining interfaces, deeming them uncopyrightable by current USofAn and Brazilian law". Better?

I don't know about Brazilian law.

However, for U.S. law, this isn't necessarily the case.
I was referring to the fact that there is some case law in the USofA that deemed interface definitions, as present normally in .h files, uncopyrightable.

HTH