Re: Linux and GPLv2

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> writes:
> Scripsit Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>

>> My understanding is that, in practice, myfile.c could infringe as well,
>> If the only reasonable way to use it is by creating a work that is
>> derivative of errno.h
>
> Some people say that. I do not agree with them.

But what you (or I) believe is only tangentially relevant, because we
don't get to make the decision.  This is a grey area, and therefore when
try to give "the" answer to the question we're simply gambling on the
outcome of a court case that may never even happen.  So myfile.c *could*
be infringing in the sense that that's one of the possible decisions
that a judge could make.  Saying you disagree with that isn't the same
as saying that you think I'm wrong.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>