Re: Binaries and MIT/expat license interpretative tradition

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 01:39:59PM +0200, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Actually, I was concerned about *any* notice on binary distros. Even
> the requirement to put a copyright notice in a directory somewhere can
> be hard to sell.

Isn't maintaining copyright notices in derivative works fundamental to
all licenses?  It would seem bizarre for any license to actual permit
redistribution without retaining the copyright notice somewhere.

(It says "supporting documentation", which is about as liberal a phrasing
as I know of, essentially saying "put it in the right place"--if you're
putting copyright notices in --show-legalese, that seems to qualify as
supporting documentation.)

--
Glenn Maynard