Re: Binaries and MIT/expat license interpretative tradition

On Mar 14, 2005, at 20:12, Måns Rullgård wrote:
Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> writes:
The copyright notice does need to be included with the binaries. On
Debian systems it is placed in /usr/share/doc/$package/copyright. This
isn't a particularly strange or restrictive thing to require...

This is different from the requirement of some licenses that a notice
be displayed on the console, or in a dialog box, when the program is
run.  I think this is what the OP was afraid of.

Thank you for the replies.

Actually, I was concerned about *any* notice on binary distros. Even the requirement to put a copyright notice in a directory somewhere can be hard to sell.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi