Re: dssi license issues

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 06:00:37PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > It's free, it's just not recommended. Public domain is problematic in
> > various ways.
>
> That's what I was worrying about.  Is the main suggestion to ask
> upstream to relicense using a BSD 3 clause license?

To use the 3-clause BSD license, you end up needing to hack up clause 3,
since removing "the University", etc. to refer to oneself requires
changing the sentence somewhat.  To avoid the minor risk of this causing
problems (a risk always present when making any change to a well-established
license), I usually recommend the X11/MIT license instead.

--
Glenn Maynard