Re: Linux and GPLv2

Francesco Poli wrote:

|   9. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new
| versions of the General Public License from time to time.  Such new
| versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may
| differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.

I wonder what the effect of adding something like this to the copyright notice would be:

    The licensor considers the lack of restrictions on running the
    program, as spelled out in clause 0, essential to the spirit of
    the license.

I suspect something like this could aid in arguing that a hypothetical future "GPL" with a web-services restriction is not a "revised and/or new version" without hampering the ability to use this code along with other GPL-licensed code.