Re: Linux and GPLv2

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 08:00:24PM -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> A valid concern, arguably, even if it does hinge on certain ideas about
> how the computing field will evolve that I doubt will turn out to be
> accurate.  But the only licenses we've seen so far that deal with this
> problem (if it is a problem) give up too much freedom in exchange.  At
> least, IMHO.
Can you be specific on which licenses you think attempt to deal with
this problem?  So far I only know of the Affero GPL, which I already
mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and I am curious how other license
authors have attempted to fix this problem.

(I am in the position that I've chosen the Affero GPL for a project [1] a
 few years ago, but after reading the license again today, and the
 comments here -- it is obvious to me that i should start using a
 different license for it).

-- Kuno.

[1] a photo album written in php, nothing particularly interesting or
    important.