Re: Linux and GPLv2

Sean Kellogg <skellogg@u.washington.edu> writes:

> Its actually quite a shame that there haven't been any court cases on
> the terms of the GPL...  would make for some fascinating reading.

Hold your tongue!  I'm quite happy that the GPL hasn't had its day in
court yet.  Wait until there's a large enough body of folks that
understand the GPL, how it works within the Free Software community and
the IT field, etc.  Especially wait until there's enough money or
potential money behind it.  Possibly we've reached that point now, it's
hard to say.  But I'm in no hurry to see the GPL show up in court in a
central way.

(I realize that's not quite what you were talking about.)

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>