Re: GPL for documentation ?

Josh Triplett wrote:

> Two suggestions:
>
> * The GNU GPL and the CC-BY both have several versions.  For the GPL,
> you should explicitly say "GNU General Public License, version 2", or
> "GNU General Public License, version 2 or later".  For the CC-BY, do
> something similar, depending on the versions you want.

Alright. I think that "version 2 or later" is the standard, right? Is that
what you would recommend? For CC-BY I could do the same ("version 2.0 or
later"). I guess that this way, if the CC ever gets around to correcting
the CC-BY license, I can move to the new one without hassle.

Your thoughts ?

Thanks for the help.

As a sidenote, I got a response back from our "chief editor" and she likes
the idea of a dual GPL/CC-BY license. I think that the others will too.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.