Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

Francesco Poli wrote:

> > Apparently the CC licenses are carefully cooked to work well with each
> > other.
>
> What do you mean?
> Many of them are incompatible with each other: how can they "work well
> with each other"?

Warning: I am not a CC rep. I'm just another guy who has posted several
questions on the CC mailing list.

The point is that it's not hard to figure out which licenses can be
combined with which. For example, a BY license can be combined with a
BY-NC work, and the result can be BY-NC or BY-NC-SA, or BY-NC-ND. But it
can't be BY. This concept is pretty easy to grasp. You can add
restrictions, unless there is an SA in the license. You can not remove
restrictions.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.