Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

Daniel Carrera wrote:
>   LICENSE CLARIFICATION
> [...]
>     (*) The license does not interfere with fair-use rights. For
>     example, you can always quote from our work and attribute the text.

To me this seems unnecessary; section 2 of the CC-BY licence is:

  2. Fair Use Rights. Nothing in this license is intended to reduce,
  limit, or restrict any rights arising from fair use, first sale or
  other limitations on the exclusive rights of the copyright owner under
  copyright law or other applicable laws.

--
Jamie Fox
http://jpfox.qc1.net