Re: CC-BY license.

Andrew Suffield wrote:

> > The third justification refers to "the trademark notice on the license's
> > website where it is not obvious if this notice is part of the license."
> >
> > I'm pretty sure the trademarrk notice is not part of the license.
>
> So were we (expecting this to be a trivial bug which would be rapidly
> corrected), but when they were asked we got a non-response and it
> hasn't been fixed *years later*, which made us rather less sure.

Alright, let me have a go at this one. It looks like the simplest thing to
fix. If I hit a brick wall, I won't bother bringing up the other issue.

What should CC do to make the note sufficiently obvious?

> We did, ages ago. They didn't. That's a very, very bad sign. It means
> they're either completely incompetent, or they have some reason for
> keeping it broken that we don't know about.

Let's avoid conspiracy theories if we can :-)

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.