Re: Question on gnuplot licensing and why it is in main

Måns Rullgård <mru@inprovide.com> wrote:

> The intent was probably something more like "make sure upstream isn't
> bothered with support questions for your modified version", which
> would be fine.  I don't see any requirement that support be provided
> at all, so simply stating that there is no support to be had for the
> modified version (i.e. primary contact = null) should be sufficient.

While it would be nice to be able to follow the intent of the license
rather than the letter, the license doesn't offer the option you're
suggesting. Without a waiver from all the copyright holders, I don't
think failing to provide your name and address satisfies the
requirements.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org