Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:

> Why can upstream fix the typo the easy way, while I cannot (without
> rewriting all the LaTeX markup by reverse engineering)?
>
> Do you think that figuring out the LaTeX markup by looking at the
> resulting PDF is easy?

As a practical example of this, Python ships HTML documentation. This is
in a pre-built tarball in the Debian source package, because the
original docs are in latex and require latex2html to turn them into
HTML. latex2html is non-free, so can't be a build-depend. Should the
python docs be moved to contrib, or is the HTML sufficiently modifiable
that they can stay in main?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org