Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

>Maybe debian-x, maybe debian-devel or maybe you need
a new list.

Ok, debian-wankers, got it. If some people feel the
topic is so absurd, why do they waste their time
answering rudely ? I expect contradiction, but if
gratuitously insulting others is some game, let them
play with their sado-masochists friends, that's not my
fetish.

>Just because you don't agree with the view doesn't
make it a "legal finesse". Keep your linguistic
pyrotechnics in a dry metal box.

I am already convinced by the arguments of the people
who actually bothered to correct me through technical
explanations that there is most probably no automatic
obfuscation involved -bullying does not cut it on the
other hand. What still bothers me is that after Daniel
Stone's very opinion, nobody could honestly prefer to
write a driver using hex values for registers AND
functions, period. This is not just a case of bad
coding practices, it is deliberate. What for ?
Granted, there are 99,999% of chances this is devised
to protect engineering secrets. Remain 0.001% to do
whatever wrong.

>Can you direct me to the reasoning of the FSF on
this, please?

Certainly. From
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/essays/free-sw.html:
"[software freedom includes] the freedom to improve
the program, and release your improvements to the
public, so that the whole community benefits. Access
to the source code is a precondition for this."
What is source code then ? From the GPL: "The source
code for a work means the preferred form of the work
for making modifications to it."
Now, only one person working at NVidia maintains the
driver. Is this the proof of a lack of interest for
NVidia's hardware from the free software developers,
or that they are de facto denied the freedom to
improve the program because the source is voluntarily
obscure ? (Notice I did not say obfusacted.)
Bye,

Camille d'Alméras