Re: asterisk and mysql_cdr

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 02:13:21PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

> libopenh323 is distributed under the MPL 1.0, for which MySQL AB have
> already granted a linking exception.
>
> YMMV for other GPL code involved.

So while we're at it, let's go over the other parts of asterisk_addons:

format_mp3:
""""""""""
License is GPL according to format_mp3.c and to
MPGLIB_README . The mp3 code is based on libmpg from
http://www.mpg123.org/ .

However the front-page of that site claims:

News
12. Jan. 2005

      Yes! The project is not maintained at the moment and there are
			some serious security problems in the latest player versions. It
			is highly recommended to not use the source code you can download
			from this site. Check Debian Advisory[1] or Gentoo Advisory[2] for more
			information. Thanx.

Old News
2004

			FAQ: The license of the mpg123 player is GPL and the license
			of the mpglib/ inside the mpg123 package is LGPL.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/non-free/m/mpg123/mpg123_0.59r-18/changelog
[2] http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/glsa/glsa-200501-14.xml

The Debian package mpg123 is still in non-free. I figure it had enough
attention with that advisory, and if the license change were relevant it
would have been moved to main.

res_perl:
""""""""
License is GPL.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com