Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Justin Pryzby (justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net) [050225 22:35]:
> > On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 04:23:07PM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> > > I'll see about taking a closer look at parts to see if it
> > > actually makes sense, but so far it looks fine to me. As it is,
> > > I don't see any difference between this and any other vendor not
> > > releasing hardware specs and yet a Free driver exists. Not a
> > > good thing, but not non-free either.
>
> > Well put.  I think it is arguably not "source code", however, if
> > the source we are seeing is the result of some sed-like script
> > which converts a sort of custom #defined MAGIC_NUMBERs to id
> > numbers, and then removes the #definitions.
>
> Is there some proof that the files are created that way, or is this
> just your assumptation?

It's not either. It's a hypothetical. That is, if, hypothetically, the
source provided is the result of a obfuscation regex, then it's not
source. [IE, we aren't provided the real prefered form for
modification.]

Don Armstrong

--
Grimble left his mother in the food store and went to the launderette
and watched the clothes go round. It was a bit like colour television