Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

--- Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org> wrote:

> None of X is free as defined by the FSF.  It is open
source as defined by the OSI, and free as defined by
the DFSG, but the FSF would not call MIT/X11 or
three-clause BSD free software.

Actually, the FSF used to have a tooth against the X
Consortium, but this episode is now over
(http://www.gnu.no/philosophy/x.html). They consider
both MIT/X11 and the three-clause BSD free software
licenses, although the three-clause BSD is indeed
incompatible with the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html).
Anyway, I started this thread to gather the
enlightened opinions of others, and though this story
of magic registers still makes me sick, it now appears
that I am more frustrated in my ideals than with a
point valid in court. I will then follow your advice,
Dave, and treat myself a new video card. This time, I
will not foolishly believe the many people who claim
NVidia supports GNU/Linux best.
Bye,

Camille d'Alméras