Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

Ben Johnson <camilledalmeras@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to hear your comments on the matter
> before I submit a bug report asking for the removal
> from base of the nv X driver and possibly also of the
> rivafb kernel module for severe policy violation. [...]

So you've already decided to submit a bug report? I'm surprised
anyone commented.

You could improve the hardware compatibility lists with
this info. Maybe there should be a "supported but crap" or
"supported but unhackable" category, or more positively a
"supported and hackable" listing. It is a worrying problem,
but I don't think nuking drivers which seem to be just the
right side of the border is the best way to deal with it.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.