PHP non-free or wrongly named?

I've been informed about details of the PHP license:

For php3:

  5. The name "PHP" must not be used to endorse or promote products
     derived from this software without prior written permission
     from the PHP Development Team.  This does not apply to add-on
     libraries or tools that work in conjunction with PHP.  In such
     a case the PHP name may be used to indicate that the product
     supports PHP.

For php4:

  4. Products derived from this software may not be called "PHP", nor
     may "PHP" appear in their name, without prior written permission
     from group@php.net.  You may indicate that your software works in
     conjunction with PHP by saying "Foo for PHP" instead of calling
     it "PHP Foo" or "phpfoo"

Since Debian is (or at least may be) distributing patches in their
packages that are not part of upstream, we are distributing a derived
product and hence must not name it PHP.

This does not only affect Debian but also other distributions of PHP
that are trying to enhance or fix PHP in some ways.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unix is user friendly ...  It's just picky about its friends.