Re: [Fwd: Re: mplayer, the time has come]

I am sorry : I see that some parts of my previous e-mail may sound harsher than they intended to be

MJ Ray wrote:

A Mennucc <mennucc1@debian.org> wrote:

If mplayer is so free, so why is it sooooo darn difficult to have it in Debian???

[...]

I hope that's enough of a "why". I don't know if it's true for
everyone, but it's how I see it. I don't think you should
send emails that seem to suggest other contributors aren't
living in the real world or that they want to hurt users when
you're holding a tinderbox.

if my previous e-mail seemed to suggest that _"other contributors aren't living in the real world"_, then I must apologize: it was not my intention to make any remark that would be offensive to any person.

When I was speaking of "ideal world" wrt to "real world" I was just expressing the frustrating fact that, in current mplayer status, I am far from achieving even the basilar goal to have mplayer accepted in Debian.

a.