Re: Use of the Debian name for websites

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:43:49 -0500, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> This isn't avoiding it at all; the DFSG was not renamed to the "Debian
> Free Stuff Guidelines".  It merely makes it clear that documentation is
> included in "software", at least as far as the SC is concerned.

I don't think the GR's numerous removals or substitutions of the word
"software" support this argument.

> You can change your vocabulary if you want, but I certainly don't like
> the idea of giving way to the people trying to change the language to
> suit their claims that freedom isn't important for documentation.

Good for you, but how is this relevant to what I wrote? I claimed no
such thing, and my own change of vocabulary is idential to that which
has already been approved in the portions I quoted from the GR.

--
Andrew Saunders