Re: Why is choice of venue non-free ?

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> glenn@zewt.org wrote:
> > People like Marco keep saying "the DFSG doesn't say it explicitly,
> > therefore it should be allowed", which is irresponsible, favoring
> > getting their warez in main (despite the latest ugly restrictions)
> > over keeping Debian Free.
>
> While you are saying "screw the rules we all agreed to support, free
> licenses are the ones I like".

We're supporting all of the rules that we have. However, we're more
interested in preserving freedom than following rules blindly to the
detriment of us all.

I hope that you're interested in preserving the freedom of those who
use Debian as well.

Don Armstrong

--
The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion ... refutes its thesis
far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's labored