Re: GPL packages linked against libmotif3

Santiago Vila wrote:
> After a discussion on debian-user-spanish about the GPL, I found about
> this package in contrib:
>
> Package: ida
> Depends: [...] libmotif3
>
> AFAIK, this violates the GPL license of ida. Am I missing anything?

Assuming ida doesn't have any license exceptions, then no.  File a bug
at severity "serious", stating that either the software needs to be
built against lesstif (if possible), or removed from Debian.  (In the
latter case, the bug should be reassigned to ftp.debian.org.)

- Josh Triplett