Re: Making legal issues as short as possible

> > Would a software with the following statement and without any further
> > copyright or licensing notice be free?
> >
> > "Copyright 2005 by XYZ. No rights reserved."
> >
> > Any issues with that?
>
> This is definitely not a license at all.

Indeed it is not a license as there shouldn't exist anything that
could be subject to a license in the first place.

> This means "all rights
> reserved" because that's always what is meant when no license is
> given.

That's definitely wrong, as I don't mean "all rights reserved". ;)
How it is interpreted by a judge is a different question of course.

I wonder how something can be read the opposite of what is written
down. (But probably the legal folks wouldn't have a job otherwise.)

Harald