Re: Firefox/Thunderbird trademarks: a proposal

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:21:32PM +0000, Gervase Markham wrote:
> This is not a criticism of Eric - as Firefox package maintainer, his
> opinion is clearly important. But is this sort of thing merely something
> one has to accept when dealing with Debian, or is there anyone in
> authority who can actually give me a consistent story here?

Well... to some degree it's the way Debian is.

As far as authority goes, the package maintainer is the primary authority
for issues regarding that package.  There are limits and balances on
that, but unless we have a really good reason we're not in a position
to override the maintainer.

--
Raul