Re: License of Open Solaris CDDL

Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

> I just want
to know, if installing, running and using software under such license is
ethically right thing to do. And I think I am not the only one pondering
such ethical question: For example many of you may have accounts to Sun
Solaris systems and sooner or later they may be upgraded to version 10.

The CDDL is almost certainly better from pretty much every point of view (including that of the DFSG) than the current licences for Solaris. If you had ethical no problems with the old licences for Solaris, you're unlikely to have ethical problems with the CDDL.

cheers
stuart
--
Stuart Yeates            stuart.yeates@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk