Re: Firefox/Thunderbird trademarks: a proposal

Alexander Sack wrote:
Mike Hommey wrote:
Removing trademarks is not the reason why you remove the icons in the
orig.tar.gz. The reason is that the icons are not free.

Is there really a big difference? Is there a separate copyright license for the icons other than the trademark document that this whole discussion is about?

There seems to be some confusion here. The Firefox and Thunderbird official logos (e.g. the fox-on-globe) are covered by a different license which is far too restrictive for Debian. They are not in the downloadable source tarball, so no work would be needed to remove them.

The entire discussion up to this point has not been about those logos, as (I thought) we established very early on that both sides were happy for the logos not to be used.

Gerv