Re: prozilla: Nonfree

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 02:00:47AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:30:52AM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> > I can only find it currently in 2 packages in Debian--prozilla and elinks.
> > The others that used it in the past (libcurl, wget?) likely rewrote the
> > code since it was obsolete anyway.  Why not just take the code from one of
> > those if it's really a concern?
>
> Why not?  I see no reason why not; please, be my guest.

Because I'm not the one that sees a major legal problem with this bit of
code.  :)

> In particular, prozilla seems a particularly silly piece of software to jump
> to the defense of, since it has RC security holes and doesn't look like it's
> coming anywhere close to shipping with sarge.

OK, but elinks also contains this file and otherwise *is* in shape for
sarge.

Also, I didn't do an exhaustive search--other packages may use it as
well.  It seems it is (or was) pretty popular...

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.