Re: Drawings similar to well known products. Copyright problems?

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 01:36:34AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Considering all of that, I think the hummer files could be a problem as
> the filename states that the artist wanted to draw a hummer car. As
> "HUMMER" is a registered trademark of General Motors Corporation, it may
> be a problem.

There is no law, not even trademark law, against drawing pictures of
somebody else's product. This whole affair is insane. Trademarks don't
even apply outside their domain, and the domain of the "HUMMER" does
not include artwork.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |