POSIX manpages

As of version 1.65 manpages from the POSIX standard are included with
the following copyright note:

    The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and The Open Group,
    have given us permission to reprint portions of their documentation.

    In the following statement, the phrase ``this text'' refers to portions
    of the system documentation.

    Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form in
    the {Product Name}, from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for
    Information Technology -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX),
    The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the
    Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group.
    In the event of any discrepancy between these versions and the original
    IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group
    Standard is the referee document.
    The original Standard can be obtained online at
    http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html .

    This notice shall appear on any product containing this material.

Please see <http://linuxpr.com/releases/6599.html> for an official
announcement.

I am worried about this situation since the file POSIX-COPYRIGHT
doesn't lose a word about re-distribution, modifications and
permission to distribute changes, neither does the press release

I'm worried in particular since if the license does not conform with
the Open Source Definition aka Debian Free Software Guidelines, which
I fear, it would render the entire manpages package non-free.  What a
wonderful contribution to the Free Software community...

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome

Regards,

	Joey

--
Reading is a lost art nowadays.  -- Michael Weber