Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free ?

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 12:49:04PM +0000, Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 01:30:58AM +0100, Alexander Sack wrote:
> > mozilla _wants_ us to make some changes to the thunderbird package in order
> > not infringe their trademarks.
>
> We knew this was coming. The Mozilla mob wanted their stuff to be
> treated as if it were non-modifiable even though the license doesn't
> say so, and we told them to go to hell. Always seemed to me like they
> don't really *want* to be free software.

They actually want to be open source.

Note that this name change requirement gets interesting to name
Mozilla...
Mozilla Thunderbird can be "Thunderbird for Debian" or "Debian
Thunderbird"
Mozilla Firefox can be "Firefox for Debian" or "Debian Firefox"
What can be Mozilla ? "for Debian" or "Debian" ?

Mike