Re: License for VCP

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:37:37AM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> Any work released under such a license can go in main, provided that
>
> * there is no indication that the copyright holder interprets the
>   license in some unusual (and non-free) ways
>
> * the work is unencumbered by actively enforced software patents

We don't generally seek affirmative evidence that these are the case before
accepting something into main.  We simply may decide to remove a package
from main if either of them prove to be false.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Any man who does not realize that
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    he is half an animal is only half a