Re: firmware status for eagle-usb-*

Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> - Mon, Oct 18, 2004:

> No sourcecode bits:
> http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/thread/20021106.222149.24f92b22.en.html

 Quite interesting, although related to code running on the host, most
 of the thread is interesting.

> In the context of DSP Binaries:
> http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/thread/20030922.064726.2833dd35.en.html

 Interesting, and particularly this:
 <http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20030924.002544.1f7d5160.en.html>
 (where it is stated that if the source has been lost, binary is the
 preferred form of modification, which could eventually match the Sagem
 case)

> And the incredibly gargantuan keep non-free proposal thread:
> http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/thread/20040129.052350.5b5e7192.en.html

 It's 3am, I won't read that one!  ;)

> And finally:
> http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_003 and
> http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_004

 Hmm that's a strong commitment of Debian, and I can't argue against
 that.

 Anyway, my initial goal was only to report some history of Sagem with
 this driver, and stating that Pierre Machard cann't reply to this right
 now.

 I'm really sorry I re-started a long-discussed troll again, and I'm sad
 Debian won't provide support for a lot of hardware in a close future.

   Regards,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>