Re: Academic Free License 2.1 -- free or not?

On 2004-10-14 18:21:44 +0100 Carlos Laviola <carlos.laviola@gmail.com> wrote:

9) Acceptance and Termination. If You distribute copies of the
Original Work or a Derivative Work, You must make a reasonable effort
under the circumstances to obtain the express assent of recipients to
the terms of this License. [...]

Regardless of DFSG, is this a practical problem for debian mirrors?

10) Termination for Patent Action. This License shall terminate
automatically and You may no longer exercise any of the rights granted
to You by this License as of the date You commence an action, [...]

Termination of copyright licence for patent action, including counter-claims in defence. I still think this is too broad. If there aren't any patents afflicting the software, it's bending DSFG 9 (contaminate other software, by removing some ways to defend your software against patent claims) even if it arguably doesn't break it.

I'll be glad if other problems mean that we don't have to debate this too much again, unless someone has new data.

11) Jurisdiction, Venue and Governing Law. Any action or suit relating
to this License may be brought only in the courts of a jurisdiction
wherein the Licensor resides or in which Licensor conducts its primary
business [...]

Is this choice of venue?

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Speaking at ESF on Sat 16 Oct - http://www.affs.org.uk/