Re: Is javacc DFSG compliant?

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 09:31:25AM -0700, Duncan Laurie wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 11:31 -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> > That occurance of "licensed" doesn't refer to the copyright license.
> > It refers to DOE licensing of technology for operating nuclear
> > facilities.  It's perfectly Free.
>
> Indeed that probably explains why it was put in to begin with, but its
> use in this context only confuses people when they try to make sense of
> the license as a whole.  Time and again its this particular wording that
> caused problems.  I don't know if the wording was changed in response to
> these complaints but it may have been.

If the Sun legal department can't be convinced of dropping "licensed",
could they by any chance be convinced of rewriting it as "licensed by
the U.S. Department of Energy"?  That should make the context clear,
also considering that Sun at times makes their software available to
non-US residents.

Regards,
--
Kåre Hviid                   ukh@id.cbs.dk                 +45 3815 3075
Sys Admin      Institut for Datalingvistik, Handelshøjskolen i København