Re: non-free firmware: driver in main or contrib?

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-contrib

> >Of course, there's shades of gray, here. If all the driver does is emit
> >a message CAN'T FIND NON-FREE FIRMWARE, ABORTING without the firmware,
> >it's hard to say that it doesn't depend on the firmware. But if the

> This applies to almost every driver in the Linux kernel. Are you ready
> to move most of the kernel to non-free too?

I'd probably dispute whether it's _every_ driver in the kernel, and it's
not my decision, but as I understand it that's exactly what we're doing.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org>