Re: JRockit in non-free, part II

Scripsit Brian Thomas Sniffen
> Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> writes:

> > Yes. But there is no need for the package to be distributable in any
> > other context than a mirror of the Debian archive.

> Sure there is -- in the context of a partial mirror, for example, or
> in the context of a mirror which also distributes other things.

True, a partial mirror should probably also be covered. (At least when
the partiality consists of excluding certain architectures. If certain
*packages* are excluded, it would probably be a good idea to exclude
the non-free archive too).

> >> It is because of the mirror network.

> > No.

> But the mirror network isn't part of Debian.  They won't have signed this.

Again, there is nothing in "specific to Debian" that implies anything
about anything being signed by anyone.

If it can be distributed by th mirrors of the Debian archive, then
it's OK for non-free, even if the permission to distribute through
Debian mirrors is specific to Debian.

--
Henning Makholm                                  "I have something I use for
                                         one. It serves my simple purposes."