Re: Open Software License v2.1

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 05:00:05PM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> That sounds overbroad.

If the license violate other provisions of the DFSG [besides the
"discriminate fields of endeavor"] clause, the software wouldn't be free.

And, of course, the GPL is my cannonical example of a free license
which offers discrimination which we do not recognize as relevant
discrimination against a "field of endeavor".  [But all licenses include
some such irrelevant discrimination -- only public domain doesn't make
a distinction between the copyright holder and others.]

Within that context, do you still think that this is overbroad?  If so,
can you provide any clear scenarios where this is too inclusive?

Thanks,

--
Raul