Re: Debian and Mozilla Trademarks

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 01:42:03AM -0700, tom said
> Maybe I should know much about buld_deb packaging, but from what I can
> read from mozilla [0], dealing with logos and trademark are allowed if
> there is no change in the code.  Building a .deb is a change of the
> code, or is just an adaptation best fitable for a different platform?

Packaging software for Debian often requires changing the software,
sometimes to work around build system bugs, sometimes to fix bugs in the
code itself, sometimes to just make things use Debian-specific features.
I would extremely surprised if Debian's mozilla packages didn't alter
the source in any way.

> [1] http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/licensing.html on the middle of the page

-rob

--
Words of the day:    e-bomb Leitrim rs9512c Ron Brown security Albright spy DES