Re: Open Software License v2.1

I don't think I've seen anybody convincingly claim consensus -- I see
a lot of "but you don't have a consensus for that, so it can't be
true!"  But most of the convincing arguments I see are by reason, not
by frantic pointing to authority.

Even the most hotly contested issues of the last few years -- QPL,
GFDL, that sort of thing -- have had pretty clear consensus on the
basic facts, very clear camps who wanted each license found free, and
very clear questions which those camps couldn't answer.  The consensus
metric is overrated.  What really matters is not a consensus of
whether something's free or non-free, but whether there's a consensus
on the facts; after that, whether a license is free or non-free is
generally obvious.

-Brian