Re: Open Software License v2.1

Andrew Suffield wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 01:48:31PM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
>> >
>> > No, the clause hasn't really changed. It's still non-free for all the
>> > same reasons.
>>
>> No, it has changed.
>
> Old clause:
>
> Any lawsuit claiming patent infringement revokes your license.
>
> New clause:
>
> Any lawsuit claiming patent infringement revokes your license.
>

> Nothing's changed here.

Wrong.  Please look more carefully.

Old clause:
If you file any lawsuit claiming *anything* infringes any patent, you lose
your license to this work.

New clause:
If you file any lawsuit claiming *this work* infringes any patent, you lose
your license to this work.

Notice the difference.  :-)

--
This space intentionally left blank.