Re: Open Software License v2.1

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:15:29 -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen
<bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> writes:
>
> Imagine a license which is just like the patent-terminating-copyright
> license in question, but terminates on any lawsuit over physical
> property.  So if you're using my software which is written under this
> license, and you sue to get me out of your house or to give back your
> car, you lose the rights to the software.

One difference between this and the (narrow) patent clause is that by
asserting patent rights to a software someone can prohibit
distribution of this software under the GPL (GPL #7). Unlike the
property example you gave there is a direct connection. That said, I
have no opinion (yet) if this makes such a clause non-free or not.