Re: most liberal license

Hi!

> > Ideally I would put my software in the public domain, but I've been told,
> > that this isn't possible in all jurisdictions (I don't even know about
> > my own), so I thought to circumwent this by licensing it to give the
> > same rights *as* public domain.
> Has been proposed, but since Public Domain does not exist in these
> jurisdiction, "like Public Domain" ist just as useless. I just repeat
> what I think I read on the list before, all disclaimer apply.

Hm, that's a new point. Sofar I've thought that there are jurisdictions
where you can't actively assign your copyright to the public, because
the public is no legal entity, but I've assumed that there still is
the concept of "Public Domain". Actually I can't imagine how IP-laws
can work without this concept.

If you are right then I need to reword the license such that the user
can choose which jurisdictions concept of public domain he likes to
use. Would that still be a valid license?

Harald